DANCE MOVEMENT THERAPY 2018 INTRODUCTORY WORKSHOPS
‘Dance movement events have the potential to alter an individual’s perceptual frame of reference, thereby allowing maladaptive patterns to be released and new behavior to be developed’ (1993) Dr Marcia Leventhal (founder of IDTIA)
The International Dance Therapy Institute of Australia (IDTIA) has been running training and short courses in Dance Movement Therapy since 1989. The IDTIA are pleased to announce they are planning to run a training course starting in August 2018.
The IDTIA offers a three-year Advanced Clinical Training for professional dance movement therapy, or a shorter 16 month training for dancers and health workers who are interested in the application of dance movement in groups for those with a social or health issue.
This Introductory Workshop will provide experiences of dance movement for a therapeutic context. Further information on training and examples of the application of dance movement therapy in fieldwork placements will be provided. Participation in an Introductory Workshop is a pre-requisite to starting the training.
There are limited places available in each workshop so please book early. Cost: $ 125.
Further Information: Lesley Shuttleworth email@example.com or ring Maeve Larkin 0459 139 286
Facebook: International Dance Therapy Institute of Australia
Saturday 30 June 2018 at 9:30am
Abbotsford Convent, 1 St Heliers Street , Abbotsford , Victoria 3067
Sunday 29 July 2018 at 1:30pm
Mangala Studios, 73 Grattan Street, Carlton , Victoria 3053
Provided a minimum of 7 days notice of cancellation is given. we will issue a refund of 75% of your fees. The remaining 25% will be retained to cover administration costs